Super poop

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by georgialee, May 21, 2010.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Seriously... chicken poop is something special. [​IMG] I have a raised bed garden and decided this year to have DH till two beds in the ground next to the beds. He tilled up the chicken coop first and put all the extra dirt in the beds. My plants last year barely grew (mix of store-bought peat, manure and garden soil - all bagged). My full size tomatoes only grew to about 2" before they ripened and my squash/zucchinin plants never even grew. Well let me tell you that the super poop has made a huuuuge difference. My tomato plants are already a couple of feet high and all of my squash/vining plants are ginormous. I'm going to go out and take pics in a second to add to the thread. Anyone have any garden pics to share?

eta:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Rabbit poo is also handy stuff. One thing to think on, is those stakes may not support your newer "juiced" tomatoes.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Chciken poo is nature's Miracle Grow.

4. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Quote:yeah.. I'm pretty sure we're going to need something a bit sturdier, lol

5. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    I grow mine next to a fence with eye bolts drilled in, then I use twine to lash them to the fence, end of season it's all composted, even the twine.

6. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    Rabbit poo is actually the best;) my garden is the greenest ever! I don't have enough chicken poo yet;)

7. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Reminds me of the time we adopted a pup from the local shelter and they had just given her de-worming meds. We lived in a townhouse type apartment with a small garden/patio area. She had diarrhea and did her business in that area, and I just dug it into the ground. Best flower garden I've ever had!

8. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:oh, it will come...it will come in tons! lol

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I am glad I have my own supply of rabbit/chicken poop.I see now people/places are charging for poop.Used to be free for the taking.Our local zoo even sells composted poop.Atleast they are making use of it instead of putting it in a landfill. I would take some zoo poo if it were free.

The plants look great!

10. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'd show you some pics but I don't want to hijack the thread [​IMG] Alpaca beans are AMAZING too! I had 14ft sunflowers, 11ft cannas, and veggies galore since we got the big furry guys. We had to start from scratch too- it's all clay on top of the mountain. I have a huge area of compost started for next year- want to start an orchard (finally!) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by