Super scrimpers!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by newfoundland, Mar 6, 2012.

1. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Here's a tip for the super scrimpers amongst us. Throw away, or more sensibly use up, all your house cleaning products. The only cleaning agents you need are as follows:

White vinegar, Bi-carbonate of soda, Lemons!

Dilute the white vinegar in one part to two with water, add the juice of half a lemon. You can use this cleaning agent for any and all surfaces, kitchen, bathroom, paintwork, glass, floors etc.

Make a paste with Bi-carb and water and use it for cleaning ovens, cookers, limescale, sinks baths, showers etc.

Sprinkle Bi-carb on the carpet and allow to 'soak in', at least 15 minutes, then vacuum for a clean fresh smelling carpet.

A group of students, sharing a house, who generally spent up to £30 a month on cleaning products, reduced this to £3 and felt they did a better job!

2. rrrmamma

rrrmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    New Concord,Ohio
    My grandmother used similar solutions, but added rubbing alchohol to the vinegar mixure for glass cleaner. It evaporates and helps prevent streaks.

3. NYboy

NYboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    White plains
    My grandmom used old newspapers to clean windows.

4. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

I make our laundry soap, now. Before I started that I had to use up an 8 year supply of laundry detergent I had got for free with coupons!

That gives me more $$ to spend on chicken feed [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by