Super sized egg

DLCShark

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
Take a look at these pics of the very first super jumbo egg. It makes the biggest "regular" egg look tiny. I weighed it and it was almost double the size.

I've narrowed down the producer to my big black sex link or the not so big RIR.

I had eggs that were 112 grams and 123 grams. The 112 gram one turned out to be more than a double yolker - it was a complete double egg inside one shell. It had two outer whites, two inner whites, and two yolks. The two eggs were kinda connected by the white stringy thingy (sorry, I know what it's called but I can't spell it.). The 123 gram egg was weird - it was actually a bit smaller in appearance than the 112 but seemed more dense when I weighed it. I checked the scale twice. It ended up having 3 yolks.

This one seemed a little smaller, but actually weighed more and had 3 yolks.

Both of them....the 112 is on the left, the 123 on the right..

Two complete eggs in one.....wish I hadn't nicked the yolk with a shard of eggshell though.

The 112 gram egg. Both of these eggs were laid by our little Red Sex Link, Ida, just a few days apart. When we got the first one, the 112 g, my husband said, "How are you gonna find out which one laid it?"
"That's easy!" I replied. "We'll just go out and see which one is limping!" (Actually I knew she laid both because I was out there working both times. I cheated.)

Well this one didn't break a hundred grams but it was plenty big in my opinion. Here's a scale pic.

I'll snap a opening pic when it's time to eat eggs. :)

Back
Top Bottom