Super vocal chick

Gschmaltz37

Hatching
Mar 25, 2020
I have 5 chicks right now and one is SUPER vocal unless you are holding her or the lights are off. She does have a bit of an issue with her legs as one goes out a bit, but it doesnt stop her from keeping up with the others. Not sure why she would be so loud when the others are pretty much silent!

I had one that was vocal too but she eventually calmed down. I dunno how true it is but my mom said that it’s because it wants its mom. Some chicks don’t care and others do want the comfort of their mom. It definitely wasn’t that it was hot or cold or hungry because it would calm down when I would pick it up. And chirp away when I would set it down.

Could you post a picture of the "loud" chick standing on it's own? You're saying the leg "sticks out", I'm thinking possible splay legged.
What are you using for their bedding?
Could we get a picture of your brooder?
Have you seen it eating/drinking/pooping?
Ditto All Dat^^^

And Welcome to BYC! @Gschmaltz37

Ahh must have overlooked that she has a leg problem. Definitely let us know how the chick is doing.

Could you post a picture of the "loud" chick standing on it's own? You're saying the leg "sticks out", I'm thinking possible splay legged.
What are you using for their bedding?
Could we get a picture of your brooder?
Have you seen it eating/drinking/pooping?
Yeah she had a splayed leg but after taping it for awhile it has improved dramatically, but it has had no change in how loud she is. She appears to be 100% healthy just loud.

Back
Top Bottom