Superglue Anyone?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brimstone555, May 14, 2011.

1. brimstone555

brimstone555 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Hi All, In my incubator I have built home made "rollers", Trouble is Eggs Tend to Wobble towards Ends, Even Point to Point sometimes the Pointy end will Remain "Raised". A friend told me that Wide End must be Higher or Chicks will drown before they Hatch! I've come up with a Novel idea to prevent Wobbling along Rollers.. I superglue 1 drop at Pointy End to Pointy End and Pair them on Rollers... Seems to work fine?! I ask anyone if this Will Affect the Egg or Not?? Otherwise I'm Lost to prevent Pointy End Raised sometimes... Any suggestions other than buy egg trays would be really welcome... I start my 1st Ever Batch of Eggs tommorrow! [​IMG]

For anyone interested this is my mini rollers, Stainless & holds about 6 dozen quail Eggs...

[​IMG]

Thanks for everyone's support here @ BYC, Love these forums! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    I know superglue can beused for many things. However let me know if this works. Ive superglued a cracked egg and it hatched out fine. Ive also had a hen that was attacked by a raccoon and had hercrop rip open. I cleaned out her crop and sperglued it shut. She heal amazingly.

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Superglue is harmless on eggs as long as you dont get it in way to many pores.

4. brimstone555

brimstone555 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2011
    Thanks for advice, I'll keep you posted if it affects hatch rate, it took me long enough to get 3 doz jap quail eggs. It's the tiniest drop of superglue placed at the Tip of the Pointy end of Egg! The Eggs no longer wander along the rollers.. Repairing Birds with it?! I'm Happy it worked out.. I don't know about Chickens but forget the Dog cause Quails are Vicious little creatures at times... Cheers.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by