Superior Farms ordering .... any successes?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Greenspur, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Greenspur

Greenspur Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2008
    NY State
    Has anyone out there had any success in actually getting chicks, eggs, ducklings, goslings from Superior Farms in OKlahoma? Their web site is fairly impressive and others have suggested they have SQ birds, but I'm curious if anyone out there has actually ordered and received anything from them yet. Seems like I remember one comment about ducklings not being available until April. Just wonderin
    PC

2. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Still waiting here. I think I'm gonna call again today to see what happened to the eggs I was supposed to get last week.

3. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Please post back and let us know. I thought about ordering eggs from them...

4. Faverolle

Faverolle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I wanted to place an order with them but everything I was interested in which was 6 different varieties were not available. They didn't specify if they were not available now or for the remainder.

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:It's not just a suggestion that the birds are show quality. It's a fact. Their Brahmas are from one of the hardest to beat strains in the country. I doubt even the original breeder could beat them now.

6. Greenspur

Greenspur Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2008
    NY State
    Great that you can confirm they have superior birds especially Brahmas, but my point was if they have all that advertising and such to sell chicks or eggs there doesn't seem to be much evidence out there that any offspring from those superior birds have gotten out to anyone yet. Some posts here and there have also suggested that some of the breeds are not all that superior. PC

7. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Hmm...interesting. I highly doubt that considering I worked there this past summer. All the breeds were above any other you'd find at any other hatchery (ETA: as well as any you could find at a breeder for the same price).

leghorn dude from this site was supposed to get his eggs sometime this week. He should be in chat a bit later this evening. I'll be sure to ask him if he's received his eggs yet.

I haven't seen any advertising other than their website. Which is the same advertising scheme I'm using. I'm assuming word-of-mouth is their other advertisement.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  8. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    I spoke with Danny Padget again this afternoon about the eggs I ordered. He said they'd be shipped the beginning of next week. Unfortunately, that's what he said when I spoke to him on the 12th... [​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They always have a big ad in the poultry press. I've got some eggs ordered, but haven't heard anything out of them.

10. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Have you all actually called Danny during business hours and asked point blank when your eggs are being shipped?

He needs to know if the eggs aren't reaching their destination if he has already shipped them.

Hmm...I think I need to start getting the Poultry Press again. I was SUPPOSED to get it as a Christmas present from my cousin...guess that didn't happen...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by