Superior Farms

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by polish15, Mar 5, 2008.

1. polish15

polish15 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    MD
    Anyone ever ordered from them?

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I have heard many horror stories about that place on a different forum. Birds not being feed, living in filth etc, etc. They never would call me back and after I heard all these things about them I decided not to even bother trying. Why, what are you looking for?

3. polish15

polish15 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2008
    MD
    Well I was thinking of them because I heard they have good SQ and they had some rare breeds. Thanks fo telling me that though.

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I have not heard anything like that. An associate of mine, another judge, buys stock for Superior and travels out there peoiodically to set up matings. He says it's a state of the art facility that is very impressive to see.
    They have had some production problems and as far as I know have not yet started to ship as many birds as thay might have hoped. They have bought great stock to breed from including in some case entire flocks. [ie: my Blue Andalusians & Brown Red Old English [​IMG] ]

5. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    I to have heard horror stories about them I live very close and if they do have chickens they are all kepp indoors at all times. I drive by periodically and have seen things ( other animals on site) that make it to where I would never ever buy from them. I know personally of a gentleman that worked for them and he said that he worked there for 2 days and could not feed all the birds that were starving. Also that they do not mark any of the eggs gathered so it is a crap shot if you get what you actually want. The owners have bought up some of the best birds in the country and they are going to lose the breeding because they do not know how to care for birds also check the BBB they do not have a good record.

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:I have heard he has some of the best bloodlines in the US....to bad he doent take care of the birds. [​IMG]

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    What's the BBB?

8. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    BBB- Better Business Bureau

9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:Better Business bureau

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    This is strange-it sounds like you are talking about two different places-such contrasting viewpoints

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by