Supermarket eggs versus Home girly eggs

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ESMayes, Jan 21, 2013.

1. ESMayes

ESMayes Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2012
    Since having my feathered mafia girls I have not bought a single egg from a supermarket and I supply my neighbour and my childs school as they request them ... Has anyone bought a supermarket egg since having their 'girls'?

2. RWise

RWise Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2012
    Oakhurst Oklahoma
    I made the mistake if feeding my dogs "good" eggs as we were out of those store things, now even they wont touch them! They still want eggs, just not those things, ended up feeding them to the girls. Before I got these birds, my eggs came from my sisters birds. Free range only for me please!

3. ESMayes

Oct 3, 2012
    Absolutely ... I have noticed even the shell is of better quality and harder to crack, the yokes are bright yellow ... my girls are still laying in this snowy weather and seem very happy x

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Every now and again, I order an omelet at restaurants I hope have local farm egg sources. Even with cheese and onions and mushrooms and butter, those omelets just taste bleeeaaaaahhhh....

5. ESMayes

Oct 3, 2012
    Can't beat (excuse the pun) a good home grown egg x

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That's right, nothing better than "home grown"! I had to buy eggs for the first time at Christmas, with all my baking. As my girls were on hiatus for a while! Even my hubby complained, lol! They've just recently started laying again. Enjoy those chickens!

7. ESMayes

Oct 3, 2012
    The ironic thing is I have just discovered I have IBS and I enjoy my chickens for the gorgeous feathered beings they are and give away their eggs and the absolute pride I feel by the compliments and requests for more ... My life has been enriched by my lovely girls and my children and dog have made this is a peculiar little family x

8. Well our flock got lice and had to take a TWO month brake!!

9. and so we had to buy some store eggs![​IMG]

10. ESMayes

Oct 3, 2012
    Devastating! I would not be happy either! Its like driving a Porsche and then being given a scooter!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by