1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Supermoon Lunar Eclipse!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunflour, Sep 27, 2015.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
  2. Briktorian

Briktorian New Egg

Sep 6, 2015
    WOW thats cool, hope i will see it! [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Briktorian

Briktorian New Egg

Sep 6, 2015
    Oh and thanks for the good post!!

4. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
    Was all ready to time lapse the moonrise, but the cloud cover pretty much bummed me out. So, expected nothing better for the eclipse and only happened to see the moon as it was about to disappear entirely in Earth's shadow. Cameras "just" about normalized to temp/humidity so did get some shots (though still somewhat fogged): [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah, clouds got me as well, took some time lapsed pictures as it eclipsed but at about 99% eclipsed the clouds moved in and covered it up completely, and they kept it covered until it was about 50% back to normal, so missed the 'blood moon' entirely..

6. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Was disappointed, NASA used a telescope site in Alabama and also too cloudy there. DH found a feed from boston and they had a clear view.

7. shortgrass

shortgrass Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2015
    Northern Colorado
    I got a birds eye view ;)

The kids even got to see the first half; its usually too cloudy and too late in the night for them to see.

I didn't even realize it was tonight until I was stumbling around out there wondering what happened to the big bright full moon; I couldn't see! :D

8. chango

chango Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2015
    New Mexico
    Heavily cropped. Clouds broke right before eclipse, but sky was a little hazy due to prescribed burn in forest:

[​IMG]

9. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    NIce photo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by