superstition

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by johnskoi, Mar 17, 2013.

1. johnskoi

johnskoi Chillin' With My Peeps

has any heard that it's bad luck to give someone pea feathers, but it's good luck if you find them? ...... i've heard it from more than one person....[​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    What if you sold them?
    I did give some feathers to my neighbors 4 year old and now she wears glasses, [​IMG]

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Back luck to the giver or receiver?

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    And what is Back Luck casportpony? I got a bad back , I am sure someone gave me pea feathers at one point in my life but my memory fails me.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Wow, I've been making lots of mistakes like that lately, lol.

6. kmsek

kmsek Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2011
    N Fla
    [​IMG]

7. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    Well there is a very nice East Indian woman who works at a farmers market that we gave a bunch of peacock feathers to. She was very happy to receive the feathers...

8. johnskoi

johnskoi Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] ... don't know about selling them ... iirc, it's bad luck for the receiver .... i get a fair amount of people here throughout the year (backyard business) .. i leave mine out for people to take, but let them know they have to steal them when i'm not looking .... don't want to be the donor of any bad juju......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by