Superworms ok to feed to chickens?

Absolutely. Your chickens will love them. Great protein, too. Are you farming the superworms? I have thought about raising superworms several times over the years but have never tried it.

Well, I'll bite......what are super worms? From Krypton?
big_smile.png
wink.png

I highly recommend raising superworms! My chickens go into a frenzy when they see them. I've never bothered to crush their heads, as the girls appear to know how to handle them and have never had a problem. From what I've read, they are also a bit more nutritious than the mealworms and easier to digest because they have less chitlin. I keep a good sized colony going at all times.

Quote:
LOL! Omg you made me laugh so hard!

Superworms look like extra-large mealworms, but are actually a species of beetle. And let me tell you, if you thought mealworms look creepy in miniature, the big worms are ICKY. I'm not normally squeamish, but those things creep me out because they can bite. My chickens can go buy their own superworms if they want em. I'm sticking to table-scraps.

Hi City Hermit. I bought a cup of 100 of those super guys and yes my girls go ape for them too, but they are expensive. How do I "grow" them please. I have them in a bucket with holes in the bottom. They crawl out the holes. I don't lose them because the bucket is sitting in a plant saucer. I throw veg. scraps in there and some chicken feed. What ;is this about straining them?? THX beverly evans

Hello Floridian, I want to get into raising superworms too. Those boxes look awfully small. I guess they won't get any bigger? Is this how you get them to turn into beetles that will mate and lay eggs? :) THX beverly veans

Back
Top Bottom