Supplement feeder ideas?

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
How do y’all feed your supplements? Gonna have to start needing to feed oyster shell soon and my flock free ranges so I don’t worry about grit but maybe some herbal supplements too. I’d like to set up a supplement “station” and provide it. We get a LOT of rain, sometimes sideways rain.. so I’m concerned about moisture and it’s commonly hot here… I know they don’t care if it’s wet but humidity is never good And I’d like to set it up in a way that it doesn’t need to be refilled multiple times a day… (small amounts, multiple times to avoid dampness and mold).

I have oyster shell for when my flock gets bigger (they are not there yet size wise) so they are doing chick grit mixed in their feed. I also mix in some food grade DE in their feed. I add electrolyte and probiotic to the water as well as herbs. I do give scraps in nice weather (chick safe and I limit the 'junk food' scrap). Could you make a lean too type of shelter that is facing away from the wind/rain and put the supplement station in there?

I started out using small butter bowls & yogurt cups, just screwed into a post; you can cut them down to the size you want, maybe cut a little opening into the edge for the birds to have easier access. I finally graduated to these nice corner feeders -
Corner Feeder.png

Back
Top Bottom