Supplier for electric tape fence for horses

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by billiebrat, Oct 21, 2008.

1. billiebrat

billiebrat Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    Altoona, PA
    I need to find a supplier with the best prices for electric tape fence for horses. Any thoughts anyone?

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    We went with electric rope fence for horses in the spring. We also priced electric tape. I think Kencove had nice stuff and good prices.

3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:heyyy my mommy works there! [​IMG] Carla if anyone talks to her that's my mom! [​IMG] She's a great sales person, and is really down to earth. [​IMG]

http://www.kencove.com/fence/

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Their customer service is really good. They actually called us once and said something was on back order and if we wanted the item now they had another color in stock.

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yeah they try really hard to keep customers happy and believe me they get very upset with eachother if theres miscommunication and a customer is unhappy because of it. Mom comes home with stories all the time from really awesome customers being opened to talking about their farm, their animals, fence horror stories (animals getting stuck in a particular fencing etc) to crazies wanting the most highest voltage fencer to keep humans out! LOL!

6. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    http://www.horseguardfence.com/

Best
    stuff I've seen. All my fences are horseguard now and since we put it in we've not had an escape or injury. Some of the fence is 5years or more old. Some of it has had trees and stuff fall on it and once you pull the tree off and tighten it the fence is as good as new. Takes minimal maintenance. I spend less than 30mins tightening it every other month or so and I have over 5miles of fence.

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:that stuffs pretty looking (ya know professional looking) [​IMG].

8. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Best price is relative. You can find cheap tape out there but you are getting a cheap product that will not carry charge well (translation: you can't run very much of it off your charger, or it will not have enough zap to keep the horses in) and will not survive the wind and weather very well (translation: you will buy it yearly instead of every <some> years).

Personally I am a BIG BIG fan of Premier's products -- their prices are reasonable and their quality and durability and conductivity EXCELLENT. www.premier1supplies.com (not necessarily the most economical source for fence *chargers*, mind you).

Whatever tape you use, give it at least a half twist -- more is fine -- between each post, so it does not flap in the wind so much. This alone will make a big difference in tape's lifespan, which remember is generally relatively short.

Good luck,

Pat

9. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

If I had to do it all over again I would use all rope.

10. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I like Premier 1 Supplies. Their customer service is the best and the products are great. http://www.premier1supplies.com/

I called them three years ago when I started my job. My first task was to install a fence to keep out Kodiak Brown Bears around a yurt in a very remote location. They never hesitated, and helped me figure out exactly what I needed. The fence has yet to be penetrated and there are a LOT of bears out there.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by