1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Suppliers on Long Island NY

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by wantachick, Mar 15, 2012.

1. wantachick

wantachick New Egg

Mar 15, 2012
    Hey there, Im wanting to get started with raising chickens. Can someone tell me were the best places to get supplys. I live in Mid Suffolk and looking for a clean fresh supplier.
    Thanks

2. DebbieMorgan

DebbieMorgan New Egg

Mar 18, 2012
    Hi :)
    I live in the Huntington area.
    This is actually my first post, as I just joined this board an hour ago.
    I am very new raising chickens. I am actually an adoptive mom to three, so In came here to learn.
    You might want to check out Talmage farm in Riverhead.
    Good luck!
    Debbie

3. queenchick16

queenchick16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2012
    Hello If you check out the thread - southern NY,Dutchess county and below there are many Long Islanders on there come on over

4. wantachick

wantachick New Egg

Mar 15, 2012
    Thanks. Ive heard of Talmage, Ill have to take a ride out there and check it out. I would love to check the other thread but Im new to this and trying to figure out how to get around this site.

5. LIBERTYNY

LIBERTYNY Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2011
    NY
    Theirs a agway in port jeff (my first choice) In mastic theirs a small feed store on montauk hwy next to the crackhead motel across from the pawn shop. and they have chicks right now !!
    I have never heard of talmage - I hope thats not the feed store that closed up in the town of riverhead ?

Find anywear new let us know

6. queenchick16

Feb 5, 2012
    There is an Agway in Riverhead It is very nice I get my chick stuff there I take the drive from East Islip

It is several miles down the road from the outlets on the opposite side of the street on Osborn Ave. Also good for gardening supplies this time of year. They also have "chick days" . They have a good selection to choose from.

7. wantachick

wantachick New Egg

Mar 15, 2012
    I see a trip to Riverhead in my future. Ill be looking out for crack head chicks near a hotel, lol. Thanks guys. If they have Wyandottes, Im so there.
    Terri

8. queenchick16

Feb 5, 2012
    I have the most beautiful Red blue laced Wyandottes I hatched on Thanksgiving They are so gentle .I hope you find some

9. wantachick

wantachick New Egg

Mar 15, 2012
    Thats awsome, where did you get yours. Did get your egg by mail or what. I would love to see pics. I decided that that is the breed I want. I hear they are gentle. Good layers and obviously beautiful

10. queenchick16

Feb 5, 2012
    I ordered eggs from ebay in October I only have one pullet and no roosters or I could help you[​IMG]
    She is one big puff ball

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by