Supplies for starting out.

SuseyQ

Chirping
Feb 5, 2016
I'm wondering what you folks have found to be the best and least costly online or in town poultry store for all your needs?I'm wondering what you folks have found to be the best and least costly online or in town poultry store for all your needs?

Thank You,
SuseyQ

Well I keep corid vit/mineral supplement wormer and diatomatius earth and put it on all of my birds about once a month the Diatomatius earth to clean that up not all of it but I recommend to keep corid and the vit/mineral supplement on hand and maybe wormer depending on how often u find worms in ur birds

Roada Red,
What is corid? Is it a name brand? I didn't think you needed a wormer unless your birds were raised on the ground. I have heard of using DE.

Thank You,
SuseyQ

Well u don't really I just like to keep it on hand because we don't go to town very offten and corid is like this powder or liquid to cure coccidiosis it can be pretty common

Roada Red,
Okay I'm new at this and I've never heard of coccidiosis. It sounds like some type of inflammation or infection. How do you know when your birds have this?

Thank You,
SuseyQ

Roada Red,
Some folks have quails in aviaries or in hutches that have access to grass and dirt. Mine will be in pens above the ground (a few feet high), so I was wondering if they still can get worms?

Thank You,
SuseyQ

Back
Top Bottom