Suppose to be all girls..................

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mistyt14, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mistyt14

mistyt14 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

We got our new chickens thursday, were told they were all girls, didn't pay much attention. Friday morning superize! One was a rooster! So in a hurry as its against the law to have roosters in town found him a new home. Not sure of breeds or what color of eggs yet. Pretty sure the red one is molting. they finally figured out to go up the ramp to go inside.

The black and white one has the top part of her beak broken, but doesnt seem to bother her eatting or keeping up with the other 2 when snacks are put in.

2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    The red one looks like a red star.......the broken beak shouldnt be a problem at all.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Nothing like a rooster surprise at 5 am when a rooster is illegal. Are you getting eggs yet?

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Oh no, a roo! [​IMG] Shouldn't be long before you get some eggs! Enjoy!

5. mistyt14

mistyt14 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2012
    No eggs yet, they were just being fed layer crumbles so we are experimenting on scraps and what they like. Figured it might take a few days for them to get use to their new home. My daughter keeps checking twice a day, i think when she finds the first egg she's gonna freak

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by