Supposed to be a Lavender Orpington Pullet ?

Your rooster is beautiful! The whole concept of the leakage really confuses me because I'm not sure why there is red coming into play! I believe lavender is a dilute of black and even lower quality hatchery black birds don't have too much red leakage. So strange to me. I wonder if when creating the lavender Orps that they used perhaps porcelain from other breeds to get the lavender gene and that being why there's the red? I'm definitely no genetics expert by any means at all, but I feel like I'm missing something. Do the lavender splits ever show the red?
Thank you! I sadly lost him a few days ago. 😭

And yeah I’m not sure! At first I thought maybe he was just dirty or something 😂🤣 but then I saw other birds with the same thing so :confused:

I thought maybe it was similar to how some of my white birds eventually turn like a cream color? Maybe diet or something? Although maybe not. It must be genetics cause I have other white birds that stay actual white in the same diet so :confused:

I’m not sure if people replying are talking to me or the other LO owner here
My LO roo is definitely a roo bought from a farm specializing in Lavender Orpington

Back
Top Bottom