supposed to be all barred rocks?

mommy3

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Plantsville, CT
We are in the middle of a hatch that is supposed to be all barred rocks and one of them is almost all yellow with a little black-anyone out there seen this before? Hubby is convinced it is an oddball but the people said their chickens are separated so they do not mix.

They just hatched last night so we are very interested to see if any more are that light or what it will look like when the feathers come in!!

I agree, it's not a barred rock. the color of the down makes it hard to tell if it has a head spot, that would mean it had at least one barred parent. with all the chicks still damp it's hard to tell if all of them have headspots. If you could post a pic when they're a day older, we could possibly help sex them.

awww, you all just ruined my argument with the hubby! :) Another very light one just hatched. The last batch we hatched two years ago from a different place we were right on with our guesses of sex so I would love help again! The place we got them also has buff orphs so I am thinking they might be a cross? They also have lavender and black orphingtons. So much fun, I love hatching!

that is what we are thinking-we now have two very yellow with a little black! So cute!! I always wanted buff or lavender orpingtons! so maybe it is a gift in disguise! Just hope they are girls!
We have to find roos a new home since we can not have them in our town. Darn town rules! Have two sources of homes thank goodness!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom