Supposed to be an Easter egger...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jennyp0208, Mar 20, 2013.

1. jennyp0208

jennyp0208 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2013
    We got four little chickies at a local farm store. I've been doing a lot of reading and I'm really curious what this (hopefully) girl is. She was in the Easter Egger bin:

[​IMG]

The lighter one is the one in question. Why I'm curious is 1) feathered feet and 2) the feet are yellow, not the slate/grey/greenish colors I've seen on most Easter Egger pictures. She'll be a week tomorrow I think.

The orangy one was sold as a New Hampshire. Thing that's correct? Any guesses on male/female?

[​IMG]

Just for fun :) Side shots of the New Hampshire and our Gold Laced Wyandotte. There's an australorp hiding somewhere behind, too. They were running around the living room while I changed bedding in the brooder.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    that's the fun of an easter egger, its like a bag of skittles, never know what you'll get [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    looks like a buff cochin to me, what kind of comb does it have?

4. Chickenclucker

Chickenclucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    Western Slope, Co
    usually feathered feet is sure sign of a cochin...maybe you got a buff cochin. Sometimes the chicks in those stores get mixed together for various reasons and then nobody can tell the difference so they get passed off for something else. Like today i went and got 2 turkens and one of the chicks in the bin was getting picked on so the lady moved it to a random bin with something different. ..Probably explains why I thought i was getting a buff cochin and ended up with something different a couple weeks ago...silly me didn't notice the unfeathered feet. should have known right there. [​IMG]

5. jennyp0208

Mar 20, 2013
    None identifiable yet, at least to a beginner like me. I can tell there will be one but not what type.
    I understand missing details like that! Our toddler kept trying to pick chicks up so we just grabbed from the bin and moved on. And we got there about 20min after the shipment so some boxes were still being unpacked... chaos.

I don't really MIND whatever she (I hope) turns into; I just like to know ahead when I can. I guess it's a wait and see. Can you have easter eggers with yellow feet?

6. jennyp0208

Mar 20, 2013
    I went back to the store for some fresh food and bedding today and they got in a new shipment. She looks exactly like the light brahams, which were one bin over from the e.e.'s. Mystery most likely solved :) Thanks for helping!

(Oh, and I may have accidentally bought an ee while I was there, too... ;) )

7. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    EE's can have feathered feet too. One of my EE roo's has feathered legs. But it does look like a cochin. Could be a buff or white cochin. :)

8. jennyp0208

Mar 20, 2013
    She is 3.5 weeks old now and starting to feather in nicely. Does she still look like a cochin? She's turning out black and white in a really attractive pattern - base of the wings, base of the neck, and a couple in her tail. She's our sweetest girl!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    You have yourself a light brahma. 100%

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  10. jennyp0208

Mar 20, 2013