supposed to be blck copper marans

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sueandthe6, Oct 12, 2014.

1. sueandthe6

sueandthe6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2014
    southeast Pa
    if the woman was correct when I got these two they are about 5 weeks old. Very feathered legs so assuming the French version if it is what they are. She thought one and one- and I am thinking I agree. the "roo" is feisty already. grrrrrrr thanks in advance for your thoughts. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thinking this is the roo with a waddle developing?

2. Pyxis

Pyxis Dark Sider Premium Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Vermont
    My Coop
    Hi there, I'm really sorry, but the coloring is completely wrong for it to be a black copper marans. Black copper marans when pullets have black bodies and a little bit of copper in the neck hackles. Roosters again have a black body with copper hackles and saddles. Neither of them would have the brown all over like this bird does :(

3. sueandthe6

sueandthe6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2014
    southeast Pa
    no need to be sorry- I have been looking at pics since I brought them home and nothing I found looked like these. I just bought batteries today so finally got pics. Not at all surprised that they aren't what she told me they were. adopted from a shelter anyway so no expectation of much- just hoping for at least one hen. :)

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Not Black Copper Marans. Could be Partridge Cochins or a mix of that breed.

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    You can post body pics of each bird and we'll try to puzzle out what they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by