Supposed to be Buff Orpingtons? Male/female?

BrittBergh

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Harvest, Al
This group was a group of free bids with purchase of a bag of feed. They are going on 5 weeks old. They said Buff Orpingtons though I have no real idea, I didnt think Buffs had a lot of white and there is a lot of white in these ones. Anyway I would LOVE some guess as to if they are BO and if they are boys/girls. I guess I have 2 girls, my husband took the pictures so they are not the best. sorry about that

Group shot there are 5 birds total

this is for sure a rooster, I mean there is no denying him!

3 girls?

3 girls? again

Did not want a picture taken...tried to run away the entire time. This is the one Im holding single out front in the group picture.

this would be my rooster again Im pretty sure

A girl I think, one on the very right side of the group shots

these two were picture shy

Last picture.

So....what says the more experienced chicken owners out there? I would love more girls than boys I already have to roosters we pegged as pets both are bantams and both were so easy to tell from early on) so any more roosters will end up living in the freezer. However more eggs the better on usual breakfast days with the whole family we put down a dozen every time. Are my guess right? Its SOOOO hard to wait!

They are all Red Sex Link pullets. If any were males, they would be almost white in color instead of almost red, because that is the coloring of a Red Sex Link male.

awe!!! My black sex link will be super happy she isn't the only sex link (OK in theory she will be happy who actually knows
gig.gif
) I knew as they kept growing they were not Buffs at all! Two of them have a lot more white to them, so Im guessing those might be the roosters maybe. Now I am happy I got 5 of these and 5 barred rocks for my 10 free birds, if I had gotten all of these I would have a ton of chickens on my hands!! Knowing the breed helps eggs sell around here and come next spring it will be an ongoing homeschool project for my kids.

Back
Top Bottom