Supposed to be gold sex link?!?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GreenGoddess, Apr 21, 2010.

1. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Ok.. I went to the feed store 1 weeks ago and picked out what was supposed to be gold sex links.. I told the guy I wanted to get all pullets and his reactions was "(insert laugh here) Good luck!".. Of course, I have done my homework and have researched extensively over the last year and unless mother nature throws a curveball, I picked out the last 7 pullets.. The only ones that remained in the brooder were solid yellow chicks and the ones I grabbed all had red in their down.. Ok.. So, I bring them home and put them in the bathtub brooder i am using until they are feathered out and can go to the outside brooder.. 1 weeks later, I am noticing a significant difference in the two that had more red on them when i picked them out.. 5 chicks have reddish striped whereas, two of them have more of a solid reddish coloring on their backs.. I KNOW 5 of them are gold sex links.. But, the other two.... Did someone mix them up at either the hatchery or at the feed store?? If it helps at all, this feed store buys chicks from Ideal...

Here are two of the ones that are definitely gold sex links..

[​IMG]

This one???? (back and side)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this one???? (back and side)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Goddess [​IMG]

2. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    The darker ones are just hatchery quality RIR chicks. Mine were indentical when they were that age, now they are 8 weeks and look like any other RIR. Just duller.

3. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC
    Quote:well darn!! I guess someone must have put them back in the wrong place.. I already have production reds but wanted golden comets.. I just hope they are pullets... (sigh)

Goddess [​IMG]

4. sybonbon

sybonbon New Egg

Jan 9, 2016
    New Jersey
    I have 2 just like that and I was told they are Red sexlinks. How did they turn out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by