supreme emu

briefvisit

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 9, 2013
I so so so so miss you all!!!! Got glimpses on rainy days. Felicity laid noddy sat. At least deven chivks. Noddy and clutch left. Bad news -- greedy prrsumed dead. No soghting fifteen months. Felicity commands clearing. Supreme audits wild birds' talk. In pouring rainlate wintet saw amazing indignation dance as male covered withdrawal of clutch. And when ya blue, when it' s allgettin ya , come in your mind to the garden
With the dusk shadows falling long across the clearing, and the smell of wet spring soil, and the sound of felicity emu' s beak click click clicking as she has a last little grazze before roosting, I miss you all so very very much

Hi Mark ..so nice to hear from you, keep coming back we all miss you too.....now often very quiet round here lol..
Sorry about Greedy...
Best wishes,
Calla

Hi Mark!

We've missed you!
hugs.gif

I hope Greedy shows up.. but I think you're probably right .. I can still hold out a little hope though
Glad to hear Miss Felicity is doing well.. lol.. I fell in love with that silly bird

Shan't be regular. But for you beloved longtimers: eaDy,

Eric didn't come for spring fruit. That's a bad bad sign. He was an old bird.

Worse: Felicity has been ousted. SE got so little data!!

Guys, there is in command here now the most amazingly powerful female we have EVER seen

Comes into the backyard. Stood her ground and flared at me. Remains kneeling while SE within twenty feet. Nearly charged over top of me to get at F.

Couldn't figure anything out. Even wondered if it weree Number One, didn't die; went away; came back. Don't think so.

Yesterday, rain. Got brief observation -- NewMob is Sassybird plus two. One male at least.

Well -- ya ready, longtimers? -- THE MALE IS SPECKLES!!!

Gotta go. Someone please explain to the others. Speckles must be prime DNA, or Greedy would not have considered him.

House-clearing got emooos all over.

SE

Had some surgery calla. Long story. Will never be able to observe. But at dusk can watch a bit.

SE suspects Sassybird is Number One!!
One: got substantisl scars on legds

Two: I tried to lure 'her' thru side gate. Number one knows that gate. Wild birds never game -- the bird came in thru it!!!

Felicity decamped

Best of all. Dusk at the fig tree. SE sitting quietly.

MALE WITH CLUTCH OF EIGHT!!

Hi Mark!
hugs.gif

Thank you for the updates!
Poor Felicity.. maybe she will make it back to the number one spot some day..

Congrats on the new wild babies hatching out at your place!
wee.gif
I know many of us would love to be there to see them.

We've missed you.. I hope your health improves and you get to watch your emu family more every day.. please stop in when you can.. but most importantly take care of your self
hugs.gif

I received a PM from Mark.. he asked me to repost it here *waves hello to our Supreme Emu*.. so here goes:

".Felicity Emu says 'merry and happy to all ratite lovers. Sassybird has stayed away. i foomfed at some ciks -- they were eating my grass!! already been across to National Park looking for consort. Two female human ciks gave me wheat. They have no feathers! Must be cold at night."

Back
Top Bottom