*Suprise Babies*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, May 24, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I Went to the coop this afternoon and found this adorable things running around with 2 mommas! Apparently someone hatched them and both got off their nests(i think i saved a few eggs though).

I was all worried because the mommas were stompping all over them so i set up the small coop my mom gave me and put up a pen around it for the older ducklings, they settled in very quickly, really enjoying being outside.

I built another little coop & run for 1 momma & the babies but mom wasn't loving it, just freaking out. I moved mom back and put the babies in the now empty brooder. They all look really good [​IMG]

Sadly they will all have to find a new home, I'm full up on babies right now [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I wish you were closer! Oh, well! lol
    Those are the cutest and sweetest looking ducklings I've ever seen! They are so adorable ... why do ducks have to be so cute???

3. jujubean99

jujubean99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    aawww!!!! I want 'em so bad!!! I can't have anymore but I just can't take the cuteness!!!

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    When am I gonna learn NOT to open your posts?!? LOL OMG I love them!

Laurie

5. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    Quote:ahahaha i know it's ALWAYS a cuteness overload.

i love the white one with the cap on it's head [​IMG]

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

UGH..the little spot headed ones are the CUTEST!!! If i had room i would SO keep them right now.

I had to move the bigger ducklings back into the brooder because they're too dumb to sleep under their coop with the heat light. The babies are in a hamster cage on the kitchen counter for the night, I will probably take them to the feed store in the morning...(fingers crossed that they have some more WC goslings!)

7. kitkatbahr

kitkatbahr Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Merritt Island, FL
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I wish you were closer! Oh, well! lol
    Those are the cutest and sweetest looking ducklings I've ever seen! They are so adorable ... why do ducks have to be so cute???

They sure are cute. I think ducklings are so cute cause it's the only way we will put up with their messes!!! LOL

Bleenie, what kind are they? Muscovy? I had two little yellow ones with spots on their heads like that and they grew up to be nice looking, white drakes with black caps. They also had blue eyes, which I thought was unusual. Had to rehome them though, cause I had too many drakes.

Very adorable!

Kathy​

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Yep, they're Pure Muscovy. The 2 mommas are..1 blue pied & 1 black "picasso" lol. She's kind of stripey, i guess it'd be pied but shes very different than most pieds.

9. bikergirl

bikergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Edmonds Wa
    Bleenie
    what feed store takes ducklings??? I'v had ducklings up on Craigslist for the last 2 weeks. . . not selling

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Graham Hay Market(Graham, WA) buys Muscovy ducklings($5/ea), im not sure about other breeds though. I know dels will probably take them but just for free, they also take bunnies too & then resell them of course.

Maybe just reduce the price to find them good homes, sometimes you have to [​IMG]
    what breed are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by