Suprised at what kids DON"T know!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by M.sue, Oct 1, 2011.

1. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    My DH had a birthday party today with a few friends. They were all 10 yr. olds. Upon everyone's arrival she took outside to show them our 3 bunnies and chickens. They feed the bunnies and gathered eggs. My DH handed one to a friend who was very hesitant. The friend exclaimed " I don't want to hold that!"[​IMG] My DH looks at her and asks "why not?" The friend then says "What if it hatches." My DH silently in her little head bursts out laughing [​IMG] and then tells her that it won't. The friend says questionably "It won't?" DH explains to her that it's not fertile and even if it was the chicken would have to sit on it for x- amount of days in order for it hatch. Thank goodness no more questions were asked because I'd hate to hear the further in depth explanations. Now I know kids these days are very smart, a lot hear/know more than they actually should. They are more advanced at their young age than I ever was.....but come on, I even had to laugh...... "Is it gonna hatch!!" [​IMG]

2. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
  3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Aww, that's so cute.

4. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:
    These are hillarious! [​IMG] Growing up I was taught there is never such a thing as a stupid question but now I'm thinking my parents might have missed informed me!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by