1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Surburban Chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by galump, Jul 8, 2007.

1. galump

galump New Egg

Jul 8, 2007
    Deep in a Florida Swamp
    Living in the 'burbs and deciding to get three or four chickens. A loophole in our codes here in Nashville seems to allow fowl as long as they are not a "nuisance".
    Buff Orphingtons have been recommended. These will be "pets", used for egg production and absolutely not eaten.
    Any Input?
    Thanks

galump

2. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    I live in the city and have chickens. "Nuisance" probably translates to "no roosters." Just keep hens and you'll be fine. Good luck, you won't regret it!

3. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2007
    I live in Nashville. We are in a subdivision of about 175 homes. No problemo here so far. I just built a great coop for them with nest boxes. I bought a ton of tools. Air nailers and all. It was relatively easy. It tool us about 1 weekend and a few hours the next week. to finish it up. I have some to give away in about 3 more weeks. They are healthy and happy. If you want some let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by