surefire flashlights

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mario2girls, Mar 12, 2008.

1. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    i see some talk about this flashlight,,,where are you all ordering it from,,and is it really expensive as my first search has shown it to be,,,,,

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I love mine and I think it is worth every penny I paid for it. I did buy the led upgrade through another place for $10 and the rechargeable batteries. That has been the best thing since I like to peek at the eggs alot through the window!

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

It is an expensive light... but I sure do love it. I also have an LED upgrade for it and apparently they have an LED stock version now. Do get the rechargeable batteries for it. I carry mine with my in my pocket every day and it has proven to be very hardy.

Poison Ivy, I don't remember, did your $10 after market bulb fit into the socket right or did you have to shave the reflector down?

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    No it fit perfect I just dropped it in and started using it. I'm so glad I bought the rechargeable batteries because I can't tell you how many times I had to change them out already. I bought two sets so I didn't have to wait for them to charge. Plus everyone knows not to mess with it that flashlight it mine all mine! I love my flashlight!

5. silkiechicken

Great! Yeah, I change my batteries every week to 10 days because I use it alot... I walk in the dark a lot on campus so it comes in handy.

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Can you come teach proper Flashlight ettiquite at my house? For some reason my flashlight is never in the same place twice. [​IMG]

7. silkiechicken

Simple, put it in your pocket. I keep mine in my pocket all the time so nobody touches it. The power of small bright lights. :p

8. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    where did you all get yours from? cheapest place,,,,please!!!

9. silkiechicken

The cheapest place was the surefire store... found some surfire G2's at Lowe's awhile back and they were about 25-20 more then direct. The configuration I have starts stock at 59 for the body + rechargable set up + LED + shipping on all the parts. Their cheapest one is their G2[​IMG] Nitrolon[​IMG] which stock has the same set up as the one I have for 36, but has a plastic rather than metal body. Their higher end lights are in the hundreds range as all their stuff is oriented towards tactical type of stuff, but you get what you pay for. I personally think it is well worth it. Never going back to bulky maglights for sure.

10. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I've seen them on ebay. Go to their website and see which model you like best and get a price idea, then search on ebay and see if you can find that model. Worth a try!!

Julie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by