Surgery Collarbone

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by muscovy94, Jan 5, 2009.

1. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Hey everyone i posted a tpoic a few days ago talking about how i broke my collar bone, well I went back to the doctor today and they told me that it was so bad I had to get surgery. If anyone has ever had surgery on their collarbone (clavicle) please reassure me that everything will be ok, because ive never had surgery before and Im very scared! [​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Bless your heart. [​IMG] So sorry you are having to go through this. I have never had that sort of surgery, but have had others and been okay. My mother on the other hand, has had multiple surgeries (she averages like 4 or 5 a year) and always comes through okay in the end. She just had surgery on her hand last week and is doing okay today. You will be okay and hopefully feel better soon. [​IMG]

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Ahh sweetie [​IMG]

It is scary..but that is just the thought of it, I have had surgery a few times, and everything has been OK.....but you do tend to worry yourself sick...then afterwards you wonder what you worried so much about. Try to remain positive...a friend of mine had the same op that you are going to have, he was fine.....then he went and broke it agin!! (Horse riding and fell off)...he went through surgery again....and is fine and dandy now. Took a while to heal.....so follow your Dr's orders......

Wil be thinking of you, when it it sheduled for?....

4. muscovy94

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Quote:Friday morning. And thanks.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Oh dear! Any kind of surgery is scary, so your fears are very normal. I don't know anyone who has had that kind of surgery, but I know plenty of people who have had more complex procedures and they all came out just fine.

PS - expect to barf after the anesthesia....

6. muscovy94

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Quote:really? why?

7. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I do not know anyone who has had surgery for a collarbone, but I have experience with a few major surgeries myself. I had my arm bone shortened. They cut a piece out of the middle of the bone, then put it back together with some screws and a metal plate.
    Surgery is always scary, but there isn't really anything to be afraid of. I am terribly allergic to all painkillers, and I actually barfed DURING surgery. ( but I don't remember it at all). These people do these surgeries all the time. They know how to take care of ya!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:really? why?

Quite a few people that this reaction to being put under for an extended amount of time (more than 30 minutes). My mom never did, but I did and I was only out 10 minutes!!!! My mom's surgeries were 8 and 13 hours. And she didn't barf, but I did! GRRR. My brother barfed too. If you expect it you won't be shocked, and then if you don't do it you will be happy!

9. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    goodness gracious...there you go scarin 'em into barf mode.

I never barfed during surgery....I had 3 leg surgeries....

and no, I don't have 3 legs!!!

i puked during active labor though.

heave heave HOOOOOO!

me,
    g

10. muscovy94

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    thanks for the positive replies everyone!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by