1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Surpris hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by redneck, Jun 26, 2007.

1. redneck

redneck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    [​IMG] I got up to go to work and found a surprise in my bator. One of my RIR's that are due to hatch on 7/13/07 had hatched. I got the eggs from a fellow co-worker. I think they need to check their nest more often.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

CUTE!! Congrats! Hope you get another one soon, for company.

3. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Awww, how adorable. What are you going to do if the rest don't hatch for another two weeks??

Ellen

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

! Where did they get the eggs! Right out from under a broody! That's a pleasant surprise. Congrats! Maybe you need to candle!

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

awwww...love new chickies![​IMG]

6. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    I candled this morning and there is one more that will hatch in a few days. The rest look like they will hatch on the original date, 7/13/07

7. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    well done redneck thats awesome mate. So far on day 7 we have 7/11 eggs with definite embryos inside. The other 4 im not so sure will do anything but we will see.

8. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    Thats great Aran. I hope you don't have any surprises like I did. My daughter just furnished the brooder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oh yea its a Road Island Red.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  9. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    that is too cute! Well i think i was a little to hasty with my assessment. Today's candling shows 5 wiggling babies inside the eggs, one which looks to be now just two very large blood rings and one which im still not convinced about. Still today is only day 7 so I will give them all another week and see what happens. Out of 11 eggs 5 with babies I can see moving ( i think that is just amazing!) isnt too bad for shipped eggs i dont think. Hopefully some of em hatch.

10. redneck

May 25, 2007
    Lynchburg,Tn.
    The kids made Peeps a house. The chick actually goes in and sleeps.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by