Surprise!! Baby chicks!

Echilde

Songster
Mar 17, 2019
Kentucky
So what seems like months ago I had a hen go missing. At the same time, I had gotten 5 new laying hens. These new hens kept jumping my fence and were laying eggs somewhere, but I never found them even with help from multiple people. Anyway, today I heard a commotion and what do you know...the missing hen is walking home with 14 baby chicks!!! :eek:This is chicken math at its finest. From 62 to 77 in 2 minutes :confused:

I had this happen with 4 of my hens. 1 of them I was super sad about cuz she was my lap chicken. Fast forward about a month and within a few days of each other, all 4 chickens came back with 4 to 10 babies each.

It's a wonderful surprise when you think theyve been eaten, and all of a sudden there they are with cute little fluffy butts in tow!

So glad you didnt loose them!:clap

So what seems like months ago I had a hen go missing. At the same time, I had gotten 5 new laying hens. These new hens kept jumping my fence and were laying eggs somewhere, but I never found them even with help from multiple people. Anyway, today I heard a commotion and what do you know...the missing hen is walking home with 14 baby chicks!!! :eek:This is chicken math at its finest. From 62 to 77 in 2 minutes :confused:
Will, it was actually 3 weeks but still! How cute.

yep they are sneaky like that if they want to brrod and are disutrbed, least this hen is in the yard, walked out as she hadn't laid in a couple days and was gonna check her and feared for my life she was full on broody, but as she would not take fresh eggs from my brown egg layers luckily she did from the EE and a couple of hers I was gonna put in the incubator lol so she is happily sitting on 10 eggs and not trying to kill me after giving her nesting material

Yeah it was great seeing her and all her babes in tow, but now I need to figure out how to house all of these chickens when they grow up lol. I have enough room for about 55 in my coop, not 70! I already have a second coop for silkies and I guess I will have to figure out a third. :he

Back
Top Bottom