Surprise Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by friskebluegills, Aug 1, 2010.

1. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Well I put some guinea eggs in the incubator 3 weeks ago that I had gotten from a local person selling guinea eggs. Well my husband decided that we should throw in some of our own guinea eggs and see if they would hatch. So far, so good, all of ours are candling perfectly. Well this morning I woke up to this little baby chicken walking around the incubator. [​IMG] Looks like my husband mistook a bantam egg for a guinea egg [​IMG] Anyways he/she is a cutie and doing well. I'm only worried that they will get lonely. should I try to go to the local hatchery and get them a buddy?

I would love to put on a picture, but don't know how. [​IMG] could someone help me out [​IMG]

2. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

lol thats funny!

3. friskebluegills

Jul 17, 2010
    Quote:I thought it was pretty funny too!

4. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    BackYardChickens Forum
    How To Raise Chickens In Your Urban or Country Backyard

Index User list Rules Search My Page Profile Recent Posts Uploads GFM Chat Messages Logout

click on uploads and fallow the instruction for uploading pictures fiest then 'copy and patse' the ulr number for that picture to your post

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  5. friskebluegills

Jul 17, 2010
    Thank you Goldenluver for the help.

OK hopefully it works.
    Here Feisty, (the chick, he/she is already pecking the kids when they get the chance) is

[​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Awe! That is such a cute story! Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by