Surprise chickens!?

Aimless-Willow

Chirping
Jan 16, 2022
Hi there, my name is Willow! I'm a Canadian animal lover living in California 👌🥑☀️🌄🌅
It's been quite a few years since I was around any chickens (grew up around them), so after making a sudden exception for somebody in desperate need of rehoming some chickens. I ended up adopting four, then realized how little I recalled from my past with these birds. So here I am in hopes of making the right choices for them.

(PS: Seeing as this post is getting a lot of attention, I would really love if someone could give me some advice on my first post in the "managing your flock" section. It's a little urgent and a big reason I joined. 🙏 Thank you for any attention on that)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

They have been with me a little over a month now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Isa Brown, Barred Rock, Austrolorp, Leg Horn (I believe)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Who wouldn't want mini velociraptors as pets? 😜🦖

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Art!! I'm a freelance illustrator when I'm not looking after my flock. 🖌️🎨👩‍🎨

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

The only other pet I have besides my chickens, is my sweet little black house cat, Calcifer, that I rescued from the desert in Arizona.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

All of my obsessive Google queries kept bringing me here, so I figured it would be a good idea to take a hint and join LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom