Surprise chicks!

Peringle

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 17, 2013
I woke up from a nap yesterday to find out that my wife's aunt brought home two chicks for our kids. I think I might have been more excited about getting them than the kids were. I have no idea as to what I am doing! The only thing we know about these birds are that they were free. Age, Sex and Breed are a complete guess. I will apologize now for all the questions I'm going to be asking in the near future.

Welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif
Happy you joined! :)

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! I agree, the
Learning Center would be a good place to start. For housing ideas for the little ones look at the Coops section and if you have any questions or need help with them, post in the Raising Baby Chicks section. Good luck and enjoy!

I woke up from a nap yesterday to find out that my wife's aunt brought home two chicks for our kids. I think I might have been more excited about getting them than the kids were. I have no idea as to what I am doing! The only thing we know about these birds are that they were free. Age, Sex and Breed are a complete guess. I will apologize now for all the questions I'm going to be asking in the near future.
Welcome to BYC, before you can ask questions it's customary that the Newbies wear the rookie conehead that drumstick diva is displaying.. Then you are free to ask away...
th.gif
Be warned, you will learn much here...

Welcome, congratulations and your in the right place to learn from an unlimited amount of experts. I am amazed at what I learn everyday from these wonderful chicken people.:D

Thanks everyone!

Can anyone give me an idea of what breed of chickens I have just going off of my avatar? I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow after I finish building their run. They try flying a lot, not sure if its because they are scared and are trying to get away or if they actually like doing it. My bet is on trying to escape, but I don't know nearly enough to be 100%. The night we got them they got out and biggest one (Pollito) flew about ten feet or so then ran into the living room and tried to escape out a open window, luckily there was a screen on it. The smaller one (Pollita) ran under the kitchen table and tried to hide.

Back
Top Bottom