SURPRISE Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ladyomaha, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    I forgot to check dates on eggs, and Opened the bator and found this lil guy
    [​IMG]

2. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Awwwwww such a cute baby!! [​IMG]

Hey, sorry to go off topic but I notice you have scovies and runners...do they get along ok?

3. ladyomaha

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    Yes they do get along Very well, our Pekin ducks dont get along with the Muscovies as well,. but the runners and Scovies get along Great!

4. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I have a runner mix and she/he loves my muscovy [​IMG]

5. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I love suprises like that ^.^ almost makes me want to go get a bator...then I remind myself there isn't room in my yard for more yard birds [​IMG]

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    What a nice surprise... A friend had given me some BO eggs to hatch the last chick to hatch had pipped for around 24 hrs with no progress, I couldn't see the beak, so I took it out of the hatcher and picked the shell off around the area it had started pipping and to my surprise the beak was black. I put the egg back into the incubator in a moist paper towel and a little while later it hatched. It turned out to be a Spash Silkie. So a Silkie egg got mixed up with the BO eggs. I gave the chick back to the people I got the BO eggs and it turned out that the egg was color experiment.

7. ladyomaha

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    I was just worried since I didnt take them out of the Turner, The EGG was still in the Turner when he hatched, and they are all Hatching a day or 2 early!..... Everyone of I have had. And Ideas Why they are doing that?

8. CBarrett

CBarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Crestview, FL
    Temperature may be too high.. Are you higher than 99.5?

9. ladyomaha

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    it goes between 99 and 101. so the answer is Yes a lil bit

10. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    I have a gaggle of very large geese and they act like my new chicklets are cootie infected [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] They stand up really tall and run by them really quick like EEEEWWWWW [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by