Surprise this morning

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by flocker, Sep 27, 2010.

1. flocker

flocker New Egg

Jul 1, 2010
    Heard a lot of singing this morning [​IMG] and we got our first eggs this morning. [​IMG]

Gave the girls a pep or peep talk two days ago reminding them of the terms of our relationship. I take care of you, you take care of me. Three eggs this morning, two in a nest and one on the ground. Is it possible that three of the five hens started laying on the same day? It will be interesting to see how many will show up tomorrow morning.

I have five hens the age of the layer(s) and three hens about six weeks younger. Can I still continue feeding the starter feed and hold off on the layer feed?

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

It is time to go to layer feed, they need the calcium for the egg shells now.

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    congrats! if you still have starter feed but nobody to feed it to, buy a bag of layer feed and mix the two till the grower is gone. May make the change easier on their systems too...congrats again!

4. chickenmommie

chickenmommie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2010
    I REMEBER MY FIRST EGG!!! WOW THAT WAS SO COOL i STILL GET TICKLED WHEN i SEE AN EGG gOD DOES WONDERFUL THING!!! CONGRATULATIONS
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by