Surry County, NC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kfiore, Jan 2, 2017.

1. kfiore

kfiore Out Of The Brooder

Jan 1, 2017
    Miami, FL
    Hi all! I am new here and live in Miami, FL (already posted in the Florida Intro thread). I come up often to our home in NC -Dobson/Elkin area, and am looking for some chicks to bring back to Miami with me. Anyone know where I can find any in Surry County?

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Maybe check out the NC thread as that will put you in touch with members living there. Also, you could check out the buy/sell/trade forum to see what may be on offer - you need to have made 20 posts before you can participate.

Best wishes
    CT

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and :welcome! Happy you joined us. Hope you find the birds you seek! :)

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under kfiore [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, living in Aus, I am not able to help you with your search for some chicks but CTKen has given you some good starting points.

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

5. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

6. Fluffers

Fluffers Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, @kfiore ! Welcome to the BYC flock!
    I like to buy chicks from Wilco farm Supply, They have very nice healthy chicks to choose from, [​IMG].(here is their website: www.wilco.coop/locations/ ) they have lots of locations in the US, you can type in your zipcode in NC or FL to find a store near you. I would also check when they get new chick deliveries, to make sure you get the best chicks [​IMG] There are lots of good places on BackyardChickens that point out what you want to look for when picking out chicks. You don't want:

No poop on their bottom,
    no backward toes
    no standing in the corner, non active chicks

What you want:
    happy, active
    "peep peep peep" but not too much, you don't want to get a headache
    open eyes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  7. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us, good luck finding the chicks you want!

8. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Hello and :welcome! I hope you enjoy BYC just as much as the rest of us do! Best of luck on your chick search, I wish I could help but I'm not knowledgable about North Carolina. :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    also check that the chicks have no nasal or eye discharge - no bald spots and are not scratching like crazy

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by