Survivable? Chick with very Bloodied tail

could you bandage it so she can't peck it?
She might peck at a bandage too, make sure bandage does not become stuck to the wound...and wound really needs air to heal well. The ointment will help keep it from getting too dry.

Chicken cone just like a dog or cat make her a cone so she can't get at it i would use cardboard
My first thought, but chicken heads are not shaped right for one to stay on...I don't think.

She might peck at a bandage too, make sure bandage does not become stuck to the wound...and wound really needs air to heal well. The ointment will help keep it from getting too dry.

My first thought, but chicken heads are not shaped right for one to stay on...I don't think.
You just have to make it longer

I wound but some horse suave from amazon. I stuff I think you should use is green, and spray with Vetrycin, and apply Neosporin in the mean time. Use no chew vet wrap to bandage it. Before doing any bandaging make sure to flush it with vetrycin and warm water in a spray bottle. Than wrap it in no chew vet wrap which you can also but on amazon. Until the sauve and wrap arrive, you can wrap in a bandage and put pine tar on top of the bandage, but no chew is best. Use neosporin in place of the suave until it arrives. Good luck! Avery

Back
Top Bottom