Surviving egg Hatched! **Pics Added**

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Some of you may have seen my post not long ago about how one of my Muscovy hens, KD, lost all 9 of her ducklings to the frozen weather. Well When I found them I was quite devistated but she did have a few eggs left in her nest and although, very cold, I moved them immediately to the 'bator in hopes of saving them.

Well, last night the cutest little Chocolate duckling hatched! I had to help him a little at first, and continue to come back every 20 minutes and talk to him a little to keep him motivated
tongue.png
but after about an hour he just Zooomed right out of his shell!

'He' hatched on Mom's birthday and since it's just what she wanted, she named him "Whisper".... She loves the way they talk to eachother.

I am still waiting to see if the others hatch but i think they were all 1-2days apart...
fl.gif
fl.gif

Here's the little booger
tongue.png
with his Cochin buddies... they're the ones that made such a mess of the brooder!
th.gif

DSCN5593.JPG

DSCN5592.JPG

DSCN5589.JPG

Getting ready to grab the fluffy chick, lol
DSCN5590.JPG

Last edited:
Im So happy for you and your mom. After loosing the others it must have been very joyous to find little ones still alive. Im sure little Whisper will be a very spoilt duckling.

Congradualtions Bleenie! Glad you got a choco one! Mine is so beautiful, In the sunlight (when we have it;) ) Her feathers resemble how the black ones have purple and green a little, Kinda iridescent chocolate, Love it. I would love to see pics of the little trooper!

Back
Top Bottom