Survivorman is GONE!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Eggs4Sale, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    I loved this show! And it's gone, I tell you, GONE!! [​IMG]

I sent a comment to the Discovery Channel to moan in pain. They replied something like "Oh."

[​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Ahhh that's a bummer. But Bear Grylls is sooo much better [​IMG]

3. protodon

protodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2009
    Nottingham,PA
    Survivorman was much better than Man vs Wild. Les Stroud did everything on his own and really knows what he is doing, Bear Grylls is more of an exhibitionist and must of the stuff he does is for shock value.

4. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    Bear Grylss is definitely [​IMG] and in fact, there's the one show where he jumps into a frozen hole in the ice, gets back out of the water, strips down naked, and builds a fire. I first saw that episode when I was home alone. I stopped mid-step and stood like that, it was like time stood still.... That was with the 'parts' blurred. When the episode comes on when my DH is home, I have to feign disinterest while peeking every once in a while.

What I really like about Survivorman is that he's more like me and my DH. We go camping a lot, real camping. And he gets in situations we might get into. I learn a lot from him.

Bear has WAY more energy than a normal human, and a camera crew, so that part throws me. I regard him as more [​IMG]

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Bear is a performer and very reckless. Les is a teacher and generally a smarter guy.

Did anyone catch his show about making an off the grid house? It wasn't bad.

6. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    As long as they don't take away Mike.... [​IMG]

7. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:No, I didn't. [​IMG]

The last ones I saw were when he simulates going down in a light aircraft and has a broken arm. I admire that he abandoned the broken arm idea after a few days saying he would not have been able to survive with the broken arm. That was amazing. And I like that he actually starves.

8. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:They could keep Survivorman, Man vs. Wild, and Dirty Jobs, and I guess the fishermen things, but Pitchmen????? Who on earth want s to watch a show like that???? Get rid of that and bring back Survivorman!

I hope more people will complain to them.

9. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    I agree. I did like to watch Survivorman... Moreso than Man v Wild

10. meathook

meathook Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2009
    Bear Grylls is a hack compared to Les Stroud. Les doesn't spend a day filming with a bunch of cameramen and safety guys then go stay at the local Hilton at night. Watching Bear Grylls is like watching that show Fear Factor he performs a couple of dangerous stunts then eats something disgusting.

Les is the real deal. He and his wife lived off grid just after they got married and is working on doing it again with his family. That guy is the real deal.

My 16 year old and I have this argument all the time which is just more proof that I must be right. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by