Survivorman VS Man vs wild

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wildsky, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    If you watch both shows like we do.

Who would you rather be stranded with Les or Bear?

Why? (if you wanna say)

I would rather be stranded with Les, he just seems to be more experienced to me. My hubby picked Bear! [​IMG]

Admittedly - the female in me wants to be stranded with Bear he's a little cutier! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've watched both too. I like Survivorman better though. Les goes by himself and has no help. He teaches you bare essentials to stay alive. Bear goes out with a camera crew. Considering he's not alone, he takes risks and does stupid things he doesn't have too (like eat eyeballs when a whole carcass is sitting there [​IMG] ) ....

That being said, I'd pick Les to be stranded with. I think he'd be a great person to know, personality wise. And I'd love to see his homestead in the Canadian wilderness. [​IMG] Hooray for homesteading, off grid, homeschooling men! [​IMG]

3. Mikeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeeeeeeeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Wetumpka
    Bear is an idiot.
    Les is sincere and I would rather have him as a survival buddy anyday.

I like to watch Bear, but he takes too many chances and has a crew.

Les is the man. Watching him right now.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    ooh..so your NOT faithful to mike huh??....i KNEW it!....[​IMG]....well..since you asked its LES all the way...[​IMG].<<.(LOVE this new guy!!)..his show is better also..to me its more real...dosent have a camera crew with him the whole time...

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Hey - Mike is leaving after thanksgiving - I'm just shopping for the next.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Yes he does, more so that bear who seems to pick the more dramatic in every situation.

7. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I'll have to ask my hubby. He watches those shows and even last weekend we had survivorman weekend of pretend camping in our livingroom with the kids. Pretend zipping of tents and everything!! I guess that's all we will get for camping from him. Tv is not part of camping and he can't live without it but will watch it and pretend it. [​IMG]

8. Crest Acres Girl

Crest Acres Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    I like both [​IMG] but Les is more realistic....while bear...I dont think I can be as extreme as him lol!!!

9. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Survivorman - definitely. Bear is gross. Didja ever see the episode where he squeezes the fluid out of the elephant poo and eats it?

[​IMG]

I laughed hysterically when Bear got stung and his face swelled up. That's just plain dumb, messing with bee hives.

Bear is a bit cuter, tho'.

Em

10. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Funny, hubby and I used to camp alot before kids. I was always grab a bag lets GO... he is more of a check list kinda guy - has to make sure he has EVERYTHING. Used to tease him about it ENDLESSLY...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by