Suspected Bumbblefoot

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RandyTheRooster, Mar 2, 2016.

1. RandyTheRooster

RandyTheRooster New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    Today I noticed my Rooster limping. When I examined his feet I noticed a black rock like scab. I suspect it is bumblefoot, but am not certain. Is it Bumblefoot? [​IMG]

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Welcome to BYC, it could be bumble did you try to wash it off.

3. RandyTheRooster

RandyTheRooster New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    I found it a few minutes before it got dark and did not have time to do a proper cleaning. Thinking it was a piece of glass or sharp stone, I tried to pull it off with tweezers, but it was hard to get a hold of, and would not come off. Tomorrow I will do a proper cleaning and examination.

4. chicklover 1998

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Did it come off today?

5. RandyTheRooster

RandyTheRooster New Egg

Mar 2, 2016
    After a long soaking and alot of scraping it came off. Its not bumbblefoot! I was very relieved that I did not have to do an operation.[​IMG] He is still walking weird, but I am beginning to suspect that might be because his spurs. The way he walks really isn't a limp, now that I look at it. He moves one leg out to the side then swings it up high before putting it down.

6. chicklover 1998

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Haha that's great that he didn't have bumble, so what if your little rooster has a little swagger to his step, it gives him character.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by