Suspecting egg bound hen, is she?

Apr 17, 2022
Denmark
I can down to the coop this morning and the hen who was egg bound about a month ago didn’t want to come down grow the roost and when she got out she pretty much just stood still and then she layed this giant poop
DC99119B-8A73-492F-BBC4-149EB1BAC75C.jpeg

I took her inside and gave her a bath and some calsium tablet water and some eggs but she is just standing with her eyes closed. I think I can feel a giant egg in her

If you put your finger in her vent do you feel the shell?
I feel something that I think is the shell, right now I think she is laying her egg, she is doing everything she usually does before she layed her egg so I’m hopeful that she will lay it soon but I do think she is in pain from the egg. She is not usually a loud chicken when laying but right now she is almost screaming and not really in the egg song way but I think she will be ok😊

UPDATE:
Egg number one is out, I think there may be a second egg in there but she is super tired rn so I’m just gonna let her rest for a bit before I’m gonna go and look again😊

Attachments

• 0B4144BC-BB60-4A3B-BA5D-744E07776D36.jpeg
    0B4144BC-BB60-4A3B-BA5D-744E07776D36.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 4
Wow, that's a big egg. I'd be tired too. Hopefully that was the only one. I've never heard of back to back stuck eggs, but I'm not an expert either. Hopefully it was just the one and she can recover now.

Wow, that's a big egg. I'd be tired too. Hopefully that was the only one. I've never heard of back to back stuck eggs, but I'm not an expert either. Hopefully it was just the one and she can recover now.
I hope so too, I think a little nap might be good for her, she has been egg bound before at that was also one egg but I have heard in some cases that the hen layes two back to back but hopefully she only has this one, but she is on her way to recovery😊

I hope so too, I think a little nap might be good for her, she has been egg bound before at that was also one egg but I have heard in some cases that the hen layes two back to back but hopefully she only has this one, but she is on her way to recovery😊
Glad to hear she's on the mend. What a relief. :woot And fingers crossed for no second egg.

Back
Top Bottom