Suspecting this is a male, what do you think? Easter Eggers from Townline Hatchery

Is this white EE male?

• Male

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't tell yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlossomSilkies

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Niles, MI
I got 30 EE's from Townline, hatched on 6/16/2014. In this picture you can see several of them. I've circled the 2 I am sure, and it's quite obvious are cockerels.

The white one is the one I'm starting to suspect is also a male. Do EE's cockerels ever show up in white? What do you all think about this guy?

Thank you!

Last edited:
It is definitely a rooster, since I see long, pointed hackle feathers and the beginning of pointed saddle feathers. The patchy red on the wings is another common rooster sign.

And yes, Easter Egger cockerels can be white. Since the Easter Egger is a mixed breed, there are basically endless color combinations and possibilities.

Last edited:
Good! Thanks for replying. The EE males I ended up with are all different and so beautiful.

I have a large flock, about 100 chickens, so hoping that all these guys will continue to get along since they were raised together.

I'm fine with him being a roo.
smile.png

That's a nice change. BYC members are often so disappointed when they learn that the "laying hen" that they were counting on turns out to be a rooster. :eek:)

I have about 100 chickens and they pasture on 5 1/2 acres. The oldest rooster has been with these cockerels for months and the cockerels were raised together. They all seem to get along fine so far, so just hoping that continues because really I need more than one rooster for so many hens. Time will tell, but so far so good. There are 3 EE cockerels, 1 ISA Brown cockerel, a Silkie rooster, and a barnyard mix rooster out there now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom