Suspicious looking cinnamon queen pullet

Mylied

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 12, 2012
Middle Georgia
This is supposed to be a cinnamon queen pullet (sex linked breed for anyone unaware)
20181212_153925.jpg
20181212_153917.jpg
. It is about a month old. Do they get big combs at red waddles young? It looks pretty cockerel like to me. The other three look like typical young pullet chicks.

I was going to send a pic of mine to compare, but mine had a rose comb. :/
That's a cockerel.
Not a CQ, though. Males are whitish.
Where did you get them?
From my friend who got like 30 of them from a professional breeder. I was doubting their cinnomon queen ness because there was a variety of colors. Several of hers look like cockerels too. Maybe they misunderstood him. I've bought other chicks from him with no problems.

From my friend who got like 30 of them from a professional breeder. I was doubting their cinnomon queen ness because there was a variety of colors. Several of hers look like cockerels too. Maybe they misunderstood him. I've bought other chicks from him with no problems.
Yeah CQ only come in 2 colors: white and brown.
They are RIR cock over RIW hens

I'm not sure what happened. He's been professional with me and he's has his breeding business for quite a while. He raises a variety of breeds. I'm more concerned for my friends because they paid for pullets and obviously didn't get them. They gave me 4 free chicks, so I'm not out anything. I told them to talk to him. I wasn't all that familiar with the breed, so I wasn't 100% when I saw them as chicks, but it was fishy.

I'm not sure what happened. He's been professional with me and he's has his breeding business for quite a while. He raises a variety of breeds. I'm more concerned for my friends because they paid for pullets and obviously didn't get them. They gave me 4 free chicks, so I'm not out anything. I told them to talk to him. I wasn't all that familiar with the breed, so I wasn't 100% when I saw them as chicks, but it was fishy.
Eh.....maybe he just made an oops.....and will take this cockerel back if it's an issue.

Maybe give him a call. He might want to know. If his end product is not what he was hoping for/ telling people he just might not know and made a honest mistake.

Back
Top Bottom