Sussex cross or not Sussex at all?? Ideas please!!

Frenchchickens123

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 25, 2010
Hi, I bought a pair of sussex a while ago the hen being light and the cockeral well. I don't know if he's been crossed with something or what. Haven't been able to find any pictures of similar looking one. I'm not so fussed as he's going to produce meat chickens for me and boy has he got plenty of meat! Weighs 4kgs now ;-) he's also an absolutely stunning boy in my opinion what do you guys think?

http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m62 ... edia_share

just had my first chicks from him and my light Sussex hen. We got three yellow chicks with white feathers coming through, two with dark brown/ black bars on wing feathers and two black ones and a grey one (which I hope will be like his daddy assuming it's a boy)

Thanks in advance

I don't know what he is but he's gorgeous!
lol.png

Okay been looking on good old google and found that he is more like a wyandotte. I'm wondering if he's wyandotte cross Sussex but which colours I do not know. It's a shame because if I ever lost him or if I can't get a chick from him which is copy of him it would be a shame as I have fallen in love with him and his colours! I will be buying a wyandotte so we shall see. Just got to sort his bumblefoot
somad.gif
which is a real pain to get rid of. Have lowered all their perches to about 10/15cm high so hopefully won't damage his feet now. But yes beautiful boy and has produced beautiful chicks with my light sussex :)

I think there's some sussex in him, but I don't think he's sussex cross wyandotte. A wyandotte has a rosecomb and that is dominant so passes on to the offspring. If he has any wyandotte in his it would be a couple of generations ago.

Back
Top Bottom