1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sussex hens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Debra, May 7, 2009.

1. Debra

Debra New Egg

May 7, 2009
    Hi! I am Debra, and I have been given a Sussex hen ( my first ) She
    presented us with 14 little brown peepers three days ago. Our German Shepherd and Saint Bernard both keep their distance, without Hennypenny having to show them. They mind ME.
    I am fortunate to live in an area where you are an anomaly if you DO NOT have a few chickens, and our law enforcement guys are quick to tell dog owners who do not respect their neighbors' yard that they are responsible for paying for every last chicken killed by their pooches. Not all places are like that I have learned.
    All baby chick care pointers are appreciated. Our dogs, cat, (inside kitty), and the whole menagerie are taken to the doctor like children if they get ill. I read many of the posts and found some very valuable information, so the website is very informative and nice to find. We have a western store 1.5 miles south that sells everything for the barnyard. In the neighborhood, we have cows, horses, Llamas, sheep, donkeys, goats and LOTS of chickens. I will be visiting the website often and posting if if I have any news. My cam is broken, but I will be replacing it soon and then I can post some pics. Have a good one and may God bless you. Deb

2. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

3. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Hey Deb,[​IMG] from alabama

4. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    HI Debra [​IMG]

5. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Welcome, Debra. Enjoy your new peeps![​IMG]

6. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Debra and [​IMG] from S. Florida.

8. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    [​IMG] from Missouri

9. Spunky~Chick~Mom

Spunky~Chick~Mom Chicken Crazed!

May 7, 2009
    Mississippi Delta
    Hi Deb... I just joined here also! I have ordered 2 speckled sussex that will be here in June......... I am SO excited about that breed! They are beautiful!!!

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    [​IMG]

Where on earth do you live that is so accepting? We don't need a street address, but, my goodness....! How wonderful for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by