Sussex light gender - 14 weeks (???)

I'm guessing you don't have tons of space since you have to worry about neighbors.
So probably not. Especially with 6 girls, as that's a high cockerel ratio.
To be fair though, you did pretty well only getting two males out of 8.

Yeah.. probably won't work. Although I did have two cockerels with 5 girls for a small amount of time, before I moved. I must have had around the same amount of space. I don't even know if it was legal for me to have them. Never thought of it at that time.

Is it legal to have cockerels in your area?
If so, what do the neighbours think?

Yeah.. probably won't work. Although I did have two cockerels with 5 girls for a small amount of time, before I moved. I must have had around the same amount of space. I don't even know if it was legal for me to have them. Never thought of it at that time.

Is it legal to have cockerels in your area?
If so, what do the neighbours think?
Everything fine legal wise, other than the general nuisance of noise. The neighbours passed comment the other day that they were lovely and quiet (ha!!). Their dog is quite a barker so perhaps they'll understand

Do you have multiple pens? You could technically keep two groups, but that could complicate it a lot more than simply rehoming.
I always like to keep my boys, so I've gradually made my dad make more and more sheds and coops over the years.
If you don't want to re-home and are happy to give up your garden for chickens 😂 I guess it's an option.

I'm so glad we moved. I have three acres I am happily filling up with chickens - much to my family's horror.

Back
Top Bottom