Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by beakkeeper, Dec 1, 2008.

1. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Let's hear it! C'mon, I know ur out there! [​IMG] I wanna see attributes, personality, eggs, chicks, and of course--BIRDS! I love these guys and want to learn more!
  2. beakkeeper

Jul 20, 2008
    Was it something I said? [​IMG] Where is everybody?
  3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I have Speckled Sussex and love them. I want to get another rooster in the spring so I can breed them again. They are among my favorites and some of my best layers.
  4. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I have 1 S Sussex hen and I adore her. I have the opportunity to get a very handsome S Sussex roo and I an considering it now that I do not have a rooster.
  5. beakkeeper

Jul 20, 2008
    Thanks for the answers! I just love these girls! Where'd you get your birds?
  6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I got mine from a friend but the originated at Murray McMurray.
  7. CA Bean

CA Bean Chillin' With My Peeps

I just got 6 baby chicks and hear wonderful things about them! Plus they are super pretty imho.
  8. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I love sussex. I hope to get every kind I can find!
  9. Tad

Tad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    South TX on the border
    I have 20 females and 3 males, they are not show quality or anything, gottem from Ideal, they are really calm and quiet, and not scared of much, they grow a little slower it seems, but this is my first time raising them, so far so good, we will see how they progress!!
  10. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have a pair of spotted that we got at a show this past fall. I LOVE them. Ginger is giving us about 5 eggs a week and Rocky is a big, sweet boy.

Will be ordering more from Meyer in a few days. Along with some Buckeyes, Delawares and Dominiques.

Hoping to eventually breed some spotted for our own production.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by