Sussex

Kayley3069

Chirping
Apr 28, 2017
I have two chickens I am unsure of what they are. I was told they were Sussex but I'm starting the think EEs, they have started laying and all eggs I have gotten are brown to tan. However, this morning I did have a green egg, but I have 5 EEs as well.
IMG_1033.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1037.JPG
IMG_1039.JPG
IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1041.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1044.JPG

WAS 'BOUT TO SAY '' GREEN FEET FEATHER PATERN[ opps ] look like aracaunas [lay green egg] 1st time I've been rite today GBA
close... these are Easter Eggers. Araucana would be rumpless, tufted, of a recognized color variety and lay blue eggs.
EE are often confused with or misrepresented as araucana or ameraucana

close... these are Easter Eggers. Araucana would be rumpless, tufted, of a recognized color variety and lay blue eggs.
EE are often confused with or misrepresented as araucana or ameraucana
BEG TO DIFFER, WHATEVER BREED OK. BUT, HAVE YET TO GET BLUE EGG FROM ARAUCANAS BOUGHT FROM 5 DERRERENT HATCHERIES,,,, & I'VE BEEN TRYING. ALWAYS GET GREEN EGGS. ORDER 'BLUE EGG LAYERS FROM MURRY MCMURRY'S THIS YR ALMOST READY TO START LAYING SO, WE'LL SEE THX GBA

BEG TO DIFFER, WHATEVER BREED OK. BUT, HAVE YET TO GET BLUE EGG FROM ARAUCANAS BOUGHT FROM 5 DERRERENT HATCHERIES,,,, & I'VE BEEN TRYING. ALWAYS GET GREEN EGGS.

Well, that's the problem right there. No hatchery has Araucanas. Only 2 have true blue or black Ameraucanas that lay blue eggs, but you will pay $20/chick. Most hatchery "Araucanas", "Ameraucanas" and "Americanas" are really Easter Eggers. If you pay $3 a chick, it's an EE.

Did you get McMurray's Whiting true blues? I have a few and yes, they lay blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom