Suzi

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by CaroleM, Mar 31, 2012.

1. CaroleM

CaroleM Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    Plymouth, England
    Can I tell you about the little girl int he photo. Her name was Suzi and she was a Blur Persian madam! Suzi was owned by an elderly lady who died, leaving Suzi unwanted by the rest of the lady's family. They took her to Woodside Animal Sanctuary just outside Plymouth.

Suzi arrived with huge grooming issues. aged 7. As a volunteer at the Centre, I took on the duty or trying to groom her, despite the claws and teeth. Her fur would matt and she had more than a temper. To make life bearable for her, she was taken to the vet twice a year for sedation and given a lion-cut! I knew this contrary puss for 3 years before my husband and I brought her home to join our Edward and Sophie.

This little girl had the temper of a howling banshee; a stubborn nature and the most loving disposition once she felt safe and adored. She 'loved' the vet, everybody gave 'blood donations' whether they wanted to do so or not - she had each and every one of the staff from the receptionists through to the senior partners. It was a standard joke that whenever I booked her in for an appointment, all the vets suddenly 'remembered' that they really had to go on leave!

She loved to smack Edward on his rear end and pull his tail. Mind you, if he tried to get his own back and pull her ears, we reckon most of the street knew about it, so loud were her protests. She loved Sophie. Her end came suddenly and out of the blue. Everyone who met her was enchanted and many quietly mourned her passing. For a tiny girl, it was a case of once met, never forgotten.

Her photo, which is the one you see if you are reading this, was taken one morning. As you can see, she adored her creature comforts and we called this one "I don't care what time you say it is - I AM STILL NOT GETTING UP!" I guess it sums up our wonderful, fiesty, brave, naughty, sweet, charming Suzi. I hope you have enjoyed getting to 'meet' her and than you for reading her story.

2. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    wonderful story -- Suzi was quite a character -- :)

sorry she has left you and is probably causing havoc at the Rainbow Bridge ---

3. Balefire

Balefire Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Orwigsburg PA
    So sorry for your lost.

4. CaroleM

CaroleM Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    Plymouth, England
    Thank you for your sentiments. Suzi was a unique character, much loved and totally missed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by